The Amalgamated Family of Companies has its roots based in social causes which, to this day, we still firmly support. Our founder, Sidney Hillman, saw a need to help garment workers gain vital financial protections and founded our flagship company, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company. To this day:
We are dedicated to helping working people and their families achieve financial security by providing affordable life, health and pension products and services while maintaining an unwavering commitment to excellence.
In addition to our support of working people, the Amalgamated Family of Companies also demonstrates its concern for others by contributing to many worthy causes. From providing school supplies to children in need, conducting clothing and food drives, and raising funds for various non-profits, to helping build homes for the disadvantaged; such as in our financial support and volunteer services to The Fuller Center for Housing of Greater New York City, we continue to be catalysts of hope and inspiration while focused on the greater good of others.
Supporting Worthy Social Causes
- Donating hundreds of school backpacks and making a financial contribution to the Volunteers of America Operation Backpack Campaign
- Sponsoring a toy drive for the Westchester Coalition for the Hungry and Homeless
- Annual book fairs and gift sales to raise money for various scholarship funds
- City Harvest’s Skip Lunch Fight Hunger
- The Fuller Center for Housing of Greater New York City
- Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Annual Commemoration and Memorial
- Sidney Hillman Foundation
- CUNY School of Labor & Urban Studies
- 1199 SEIU Home Care Industrial Educational Fund
- Local 522 Scholarship Fund
- RICO Memorial Foundation
- Abbott House, Children’s Village
Among others, all receive financial support from the Company to elevate the exceptional work they each do in our community.