Amalgamated National Health Fund
The Amalgamated National Health Fund was formed through the merger of many funds affiliated with the former Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, the International Ladies Garment Workers Union, Workers United, UNITE Here, SEIU and other Funds.
Today, it is a large, multi-employer ERISA Taft-Hartley Health & Wealth Fund with over 400 contributing employers nationwide representing diverse industries, including manufacturing, distribution, food service, laundry, dry cleaning, retail, textiles, and others. The Fund serves an estimated 16,000 members.
Providing its high quality, comprehensive and fully-compliant administrative services for the Amalgamated National Health Fund is Amalgamated Employee Benefits Administrators, a leading third-party administrator and member of the Amalgamated Family of Companies. Specifically, Amalgamated Employee Benefits Administrators provides:
- Multiple plan design options for medical, prescription drugs, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- Support for collective bargaining issues on health and welfare benefits
- Award-winning Customer Service Department offering extended evening and weekend hours
- Assigned Service Executives to each joint Board on hand to address escalated issues and also to provide educational training and support
- Medical management/care management services provided through Amalgamated Medical Care Management, another member of the Amalgamated Family of Companies
Founded in 1943, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company has since grown into a leading provider of comprehensive insurance solutions operating in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The Company provides competitive group products including Term Life, Medical Stop Loss, Disability and Specialty Drug Cost Management, as well as voluntary products such as Accident, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Dental, Disability, Hearing, ID Theft, Legal, Portable Term Life and Whole Life, among others.
Since 1975, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company has consistently earned the “A” (Excellent) Rating from A.M. Best Company attesting to its strong fiscal position and claims paying abilities. The Company is a member of the Amalgamated Family of Companies; which includes: a third party administrator, Amalgamated Employee Benefits Administrators; Amalgamated Medical Care Management, a medical care management firm; Amalgamated Agency, a property and casualty broker; and AliGraphics, a printing firm.