Health – Amalgamated National Health Fund
The Amalgamated National Health Fund was formed through the merger of many funds affiliated with the former Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union, the International Ladies Garment Workers Union, UNITE Here, Workers United, SEIU and other Funds. Today, it is a large, multi-employer ERISA Taft-Hartley Health & Wealth Fund with over 500 contributing employers nationwide representing diverse industries, including manufacturing, distribution, food service, laundry, dry cleaning, retail, textiles, and others. The Fund serves an estimated 25,000 members.
Providing its high quality, comprehensive and fully-compliant administrative services for the Amalgamated National Health Fund is Amalgamated Employee Benefits Administrators, a leading third-party administrator and member of the Amalgamated Family of Companies. Specifically, Amalgamated Employee Benefits Administrators provides:
- Multiple plan design options for medical, prescription drugs, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- Support for collective bargaining issues on health and welfare benefits
- Award-winning Customer Service Department offering extended evening and weekend hours
- Assigned Service Executives to each Joint Board on hand to address escalated issue and also to provide educational training and support
- Medical management/care management services provided through Amalgamated Medical Care Management Medical Management, another member of in the Amalgamated Family of Companies